Best Practices for Using Microsoft Outlook from a Sales Perspective
Recently I got a chance to review a lot of back issues of my favorite newsletters while cleaning out my mailbox (see Inbox Overload Series Arrow-Tips #33-37) and in the process had ideas for several new posts. The question is, which ones would Arrow-Tips readers most like to see? So I’ve decided to let you choose my next post – please give me some feedback in the comments section regarding your pick for the next Arrow-Tip from the choice below:
- Its About the Clicks – In this Arrow-Tip I will discuss how to customize your Outlook tool bars to include buttons for repetitive commands that usually require several clicks. You’ll be amazed at how much time and aggravation these simple tricks will save you!
- Outlook Add-ins Take 3 – In Arrow-Tip #23 I discussed some common Outlook Plug-ins that have been helping increase the effectiveness of Outlook and then I expanded on that discussion in a second post on Outlook add-ins later. Those tips were posted in March and April of 2008 and in the software world 9 months can be an eternity! See what new add-ins I can’t live without and what old ones are proving even more useful then when I first wrote about them.
- Is Your Inbox a Leash? – Learn how to set expectations for yourself and your clients so that your computer and smart phone Inboxes remain tools that empower you as opposed to oppress you.
- What is Your Sales Check List? – How do you stay on top of the next step in your sales process? Interviewed sales trainer Anne Houston a while back to discuss her sales check list and determine how Outlook and HuntressPro can be used to stay on top of it.
- What Do You Do with Your Trade Show Contacts? – I interviewed trade show expert Joyce McKee to discuss the best practices for getting the most bang for your buck at trade shows. Obviously collecting prospect data and following up on it in a timely and efficient manner ranks way up there and Outlook can certainly help.
Leave me a comment with your vote by this Friday, December 19th and I’ll post the Arrow-Tip with the most votes early next week. Thanks for your help!
No comments yet.